PE and Sports Premium Funding Grant
In April 2013, the government announced new funding of £150 million for Physical Education (PE) and Sport, to be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and Sport provision. Funding has been allocated to all maintained and state funded schools with primary phase pupils from the 1st September 2013. A typical primary school receives about £9250 annually and funding has been continued.
2013/14 - £4996
2014/15 - £7976
2015/16 - £8250
2016/17 - £8287
2017/18 - £13,174
This is how we are using the funding:
- Employing qualified coaches from a range of sports and disciplines to deliver blocks of each activity to each class across the year to increase the pupil’s opportunities to different types of sports within school. School staff are also learning from taking part in these lessons by supporting their classes. The activities range from Basketball through to Fencing and Judo.
- Registering as a partnership school of Everton in the Community. EITC will provide 25 hours of coaching along with organising Level 1, 2 and 3 competitions across the year.
- Employing specialists to deliver CPD to school staff during meeting times.
- Purchasing new equipment to encourage physical activity during playtimes and lunch times.
- Training members of staff to be able to deliver Rebound Therapy Trampoline sessions.
Impact of Sports Funding:
- Teachers who do not have a specialist qualification in PE have been upskilled and are now more confident in delivering PE.
- The profile of PE has been raised across the school and all children have enjoyed new opportunities for Sports.
- Our pupils demonstrate a greater skill set, enthusiasm and enjoyment for Sports and PE across the school.
- Outside agency, links are formed providing ongoing opportunities.
- All pupils can access a range of Physical activities suitable for their level and ability.
Any questions regarding the Primary Sports grant can be directed to the schools Business Manager Miss Angela Gibson-Black or the PE Co-ordinator, Miss N Clayton.