Each week we have two Attention Autism sessions. They are a firm favourite in Dragonflies Class and we have lots of smiles and excitement when the children see the symbol for it on our class timetable!
The aim of Attention Autism is to:
- Develop engagement
- Develop joint attention skills
- Develop a shared enjoyment of group activities
- Increase attention in adult-led activities
- Encourage natural, spontaneous interaction
- Increase non-verbal and verbal communication through commenting
- Build vocabulary
- To have fun!